Porting Your Number
There’s nothing worse than trying to let all the people in your phonebook know that you’ve changed your number. It is without a doubt, one of the biggest chores you can undertake as a mobile owner.
So, rather than sending personalised postcards to all the people in your phonebook with your new number, why not come over to Virgin Mobile and get all the benefits of being with us and still keep your number?
- Buy a new Virgin Mobile SIM card and have it RICA’d
- Do not insert the new SIM in your phone just yet. Find the PUK number and the unique SIM number (ICCID) at the back of the SIM card and keep it close.
- From your old SIM, SMS the SIM number (ICCID) and the PUK number to 30946, it’s FREE. Use a # to separate the two numbers and don’t leave any spaces in-between. E.g. SIM number#PUK
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to your old number confirming the port to Virgin Mobile. If no response is received, then the port process will proceed.
- Within 24 hours insert the Virgin Mobile SIM into your phone and VIOLA, you can use your new Virgin Mobile like a Rockstar! Easy Peasy!
Should you be chained to one of those nasty long-term contracts, remember not to cancel it until we’ve approved your application and you’ve considered the costs involved in cancelling your existing contract. The last thing we want is for this to cost you more money!
Should you have any hassles during this process, contact our Customer Care team on 0801231230 and tell them your sob stories – they’re trained to deal with CFONECT (Customers From Other Networks Experiencing mobile-phone Trauma).
For more information on how to port your number and join the Virgin Mobile family, visit our Q&A section.
Alternately, download our Porting Guide.