Beat the Blues2014-11-03
We all have those days when we feel like crying for no reason, when nothing looks good on us and we’re simply in a bad mood. And that’s okay! We’re not here to tell you how to make it all go away but we do know five simple ways to beat those blues!
- Eat something. Often it’s the littlest things that can set us off. When you’re feeling blue, check in with yourself and make sure that you’ve eaten a good meal. We get so busy during the day that we can sometimes forget to eat! So, if it’s been a while since you’ve chowed, then go grab a snack.
- Catch some Z’s. Little kids aren’t the only ones who get grumpy when they’re tired! If we don’t get enough sleep it can impact on our creativity, brain power and our mood. If you’re feeling grumpy, even a 20-minute nap can be enough to lift your spirits!
- Distract yourself. Studies have shown that even a two-minute distraction from your day can help to uplift your mood. Instead of dwelling on the thing that’s making you feel sad right now, play a level of Candy Crush or watch your favourite viral video to distract your mind.
- Do your to-do’s. Checking an item off your to-do list is always rewarding! Even if you simply put a plan in place to complete your to do-list, you will find that you start to feel a lot less stress and your mood will improve.
- Dress to impress. Sometimes feeling good is as easy as dressing well. Wearing something that you’re comfortable in will help you to feel more confident. Find your favourite threads in your closet, put on your feel-good outfit and you’ll be ready to tackle the world!
Retail therapy is another great way to beat the blues! Visit our online shop for awesome Virgin Mobile deals!