5 ways to make a killer impression2014-10-06
Ever wanted to be that girl in the movies? You know, the one where everything slows down and all heads turn to look when she walks into a room?
With these 5 tips on making a killer impression, you’ll be one step closer to that goal!
- Know what you want. When you walk into a conference, party or event, it’s important to have your intentions set. Give some thought to the kinds of people you want to meet and interactions you want to have. This will help you to focus on what kind of energy you want to bring to the event.
- Accessorise! Shoes, make-up, jewellery and watches are all important when considering what kind of impression you want to leave. The kind of purse and earrings you choose to wear can say a lot about you, so make sure your accessories, hair and make-up are saying what you want them to say.
- Watch your body language. This is a crucial part of making a first impression! Your posture and the way you walk and even how you shake hands, will reveal a lot about you. Practice your walk and stance in front of a mirror for good measure!
- Mind your mood. Everyone has bad days and that’s okay, but not so great when you’re trying to make a killer impression. Remember that your mood will affect the way you stand, walk and speak to other people. If you find yourself in a sour mood before your event, listen to your happy music, call your mom or do something small to put a smile back on your face.
- Pay attention. It’s easy to spot a person who isn’t really interested in what we have to say. Hold your attention to the people speaking to you and show a genuine interest in who they are. You will have a better chance at making lasting connections when people know you’re interested in them.
Check out this Beautylish app available for Android on The Google Play Store for make-up, hair and beauty tips to get that killer impression on the go!