5 signs that your friendship is in trouble2014-10-06
We know we wouldn’t get by without our girlfriends! But sometimes we invite people into our lives who aren’t very healthy for us.
Here are 5 signs that your bestie might not be best for you.
- You don’t like who you are when you’re around her. Do you find yourself being particularly competitive, jealous or resentful around your friend when you aren’t naturally this way? If so, you might want to ask yourself if you really do want the best for her. If it doesn’t make your heart sing when she does well for herself, then perhaps you girls aren’t the best fit for each other.
- Your friend brings out the worst in you. There’s nothing wrong with a bit of cheeky fun but if you find yourself lying more, drinking more or questioning your integrity, then this friend might be a bad influence. It’s vital to have supportive friends that will encourage you to do what’s right for you.
- Your friendship seems unbalanced. Do you find yourself giving more than you get in your friendship? Perhaps your bff always borrows your things without giving them back, or maybe you’re always the designated driver and don’t get the thanks you need. This might be that your girl isn’t as invested as you and isn’t interested in returning the favour.
- The words you use to describe your friend are unflattering. When you’re telling other people about your friend, what do you say about them? If you don’t talk about them the way you would want to be spoken about, then maybe you don’t see them in the best light.
- She just doesn’t get you. Does your friend embarrass you and tease you about things that upset you? Perhaps she mocks the way you dress or cook. Either way, that’s not showing unconditional love. If you find yourself having to justify everything you do, then maybe your bestie doesn’t have your best interests at heart.
If you answered ‘no’ to all of the above, then you’re lucky to have great girlfriends! Check out this LG G3 equipped with a 13MP Camera – perfect for capturing selfies with your bffs ;)