How do I load my BlackBerry® Internet Service?
Let's start at the beginning.
- If you're a new customer, you’ll need to purchase a Virgin Mobile Prepaid SIM card. Easy enough to find at a Virgin Mobile store or any one of our partners.
- All new or existing Prepaid customers will need a BlackBerry® ready SIM card to subscribe to this service. You can find out if your SIM card is BlackBerry® ready at your nearest Virgin Mobile store.
- Insert it into a BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Recharge with Virgin Mobile airtime.
- Enter the appropriate USSD string, for example for the seven day option, into your mobile phone and wait for the magic to happen!
- You will receive an SMS to confirm your service. If you do not confirm within 5 minutes of your request, you will have to input the USSD string again and wait for a new confirmation SMS.
- When your BlackBerry® Internet Service expires, you can then send one of the 3 USSD options from your cell phone to reactivate your service. It's all under your control, at all times.
We have extended our BlackBerry® offering to suit everyone’s individual needs, choose from our 7 day, 14 day and 30 day BlackBerry® service options.
Dial *110* and select from:
- Only Social Media browsing
- Social media browsing and Email services
- Full BlackBerry® Internet Service
Each service is valid for 7 day, 14 day and 30 day options.
Please take note that a Fair usage policy applies to all BlackBerry Internet Services:
|BlackBerry Cap (MB)||7 Day||14 Day||30 Day|
|BlackBerry® Social & Email||50||70||100|
|BlackBerry® Internet Service||150||200||1024|
|Fair Usage Policy||Data charged out of bundle|
See all BlackBerry BIS prices here
For our contract customers:
- If you are experiencing issues with your BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) Call 123 FREE from your Virgin Mobile BlackBerry® Smartphone or dial 0741 000 123 from a landline. Our Call Centre Champs will do anything they can to help you out and get you back on track.
- Please note that your SIM card could take 2 - 24 hours to be activated.
- When your service is active, you will receive a message telling you that you're ready to go.