General Services > BlackBerry® Internet Services
You have two options to choose from:
- Get your current SIM card Blackberry® enabled by scanning your SIM card at any of our flagship stores. The store consultant will then activate your service. Don’t forget your ID or driver’s license.
- Get a prepaid 99er SIM card at any valid retail store, call our call centre on 123 from your mobile or 0741 000 123 from any other phone, and provide us with the new SIM card number. Your BlackBerry® Internet Service will be activated within 24 hours after providing us with your new SIM card number.
- Full BlackBerry® Internet Service on contract is charged at R59 per month.
- Any BlackBerry® Contract worth R399 upwards can upgrade to full BlackBerry® Internet Service at no additional cost.
- BlackBerry® Contracts with the BlackBerry® Social & Email plan may upgrade to full BlackBerry® Internet Service for R30 extra per month.
- Take note that a Fair usage policy applies.
Let's start at the beginning.
- If you're a new customer, you’ll need to purchase a Virgin Mobile Prepaid SIM card. Easy enough to find at a Virgin Mobile store or any one of our partners.
- All new or existing Prepaid customers will need a BlackBerry® ready SIM card to subscribe to this service. You can find out if your SIM card is BlackBerry® ready at your nearest Virgin Mobile store.
- Insert it into a BlackBerry® smartphone.
- Recharge with Virgin Mobile airtime.
- Enter the appropriate USSD string, for example for the seven day option, into your mobile phone and wait for the magic to happen!
- You will receive an SMS to confirm your service. If you do not confirm within 5 minutes of your request, you will have to input the USSD string again and wait for a new confirmation SMS.
- When your BlackBerry® Internet Service expires, you can then send one of the 3 USSD options from your cell phone to reactivate your service. It's all under your control, at all times.
We have extended our BlackBerry® offering to suit everyone’s individual needs, choose from our 7 day, 14 day and 30 day BlackBerry® service options.
Dial *110* and select from:
- Only Social Media browsing
- Social media browsing and Email services
- Full BlackBerry® Internet Service
Each service is valid for 7 day, 14 day and 30 day options.
Please take note that a Fair usage policy applies to all BlackBerry Internet Services:
|BlackBerry Cap (MB)||7 Day||14 Day||30 Day|
|BlackBerry® Social & Email||50||70||100|
|BlackBerry® Internet Service||150||200||1024|
|Fair Usage Policy||Data charged out of bundle|
See all BlackBerry BIS prices here
For our contract customers:
- If you are experiencing issues with your BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) Call 123 FREE from your Virgin Mobile BlackBerry® Smartphone or dial 0741 000 123 from a landline. Our Call Centre Champs will do anything they can to help you out and get you back on track.
- Please note that your SIM card could take 2 - 24 hours to be activated.
- When your service is active, you will receive a message telling you that you're ready to go.