How do I change to Virgin Mobile?
We like it when things are easy. Don’t you? That’s why we made it foolproof to move over to Virgin Mobile (a move you will never regret).
All you need to do is call custmer care on 0801231230 tell them in a loud and clear voice: I have had ENOUGH of my old service provider and I wish to join the Virgin Mobile movement. I am strong of heart and love doing things differently, will you have me?
(Okay, you don’t really need to say that.)
If you are on contract,
- Download the “Port Me” form and return it to email@example.com to kick-start the process. We’d love to welcome you to the family, we’ve already got a lovely Christmas sweater picked out for you!
- Should you be chained to one of those nasty long-term contracts, remember not to cancel it until we’ve approved your application and you’ve considered the costs involved in cancelling your existing contract. The last thing we want is for this to cost you more money!
If you are on prepaid,
- Make sure you want to port an existing prepaid number.
- This number should not have been ported within the last 60 days.
- Buy, RICA and load airtime onto a Virgin Mobile SIM card.
- After a successful activation, you will receive a temporary Virgin Mobile number.
- If you are an 8ta/Telkom customer, SMS “PORT ME” and your 8ta/Telkom number from your newly activated Virgin Mobile SIM cared to 30946 e.g., “PORT ME 081…”
- If you are a Vodacom, Cell C, or MTN customer, SMS “PORT ME” from your Vodacom, CELL C, or MTN SIM card followed by your newsly activated Virgin Mobile number to 30946 e.g., “PORT ME 0741…”
On the PORTING date, your old number becomes active on your Virgin Mobile SIM card and your life will never be the same again!