Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is run by Virgin Mobile South Africa (Proprietary) Limited (‘Virgin Mobile’).
2. This competition will run from 08:00 on 12th December 2014 until 17:00 on 28th February 2015 (‘Competition Period’).
3. By entering this competition, you agree to these terms and conditions, as well as the terms and conditions of other event sponsors, promoters and hosts. If you don’t agree to these terms and conditions, please don’t enter the competition
4. Share the Beauty of Voice competition prize will be given to one lucky winner/group at the end of the competition period.
5. The Share the Beauty of Voice prize includes:
5.1 Professionally produced music video
5.2 Mentoring and coaching by an industry expert
5.3 Brand new smartphone and 2 year contract from Virgin Mobile
6. If you enter via the Virgin Mobile Facebook page, one lucky winner could stand a chance to WIN a brand new Smartphone and 2 year Contract if you are 1st on our Leaderboard by the end of the competition period.
7. Please note that the Share the Beauty of Voice competition prize does not include accommodation and transportation to Johannesburg when performances and coaching is to take place. The Winner is responsible for arranging own accommodation and transportation.
You may enter as many times as you like.
8. Provided that you meet the below requirements:
8.1 You may enter this competition by simply entering on the Virgin Mobile Facebook page before the 28 February 2015;
8.2 You may drop off a CD with your winning vocal performance at any one of our stores countrywide;
8.3 You must be a South African resident;
8.4 You must be a natural person;
8.5 You must be older than 18 years of age; and
8.6 You must not be excluded from entering for any other reason, including in terms of clause 20 of these terms and conditions;
8.7 Your entry needs to be in your original voice.
9. Provided that you meet the above requirements, you will be automatically entered into the competition.
10. Each eligible entry received by Virgin Mobile during the Competition Period will qualify as one (1) entry into the Competition. You may enter as many times as you like.
11. The results of the Virgin Mobile Facebook Leaderboard does not automatically make you the final winner, the final winner will be selected by a panel of judges.
12. The selected winner will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Virgin Mobile will notify the winners on Facebook and/or telephonically.
13. Once we give you the great news, you must arrange to meet at a predetermined location to collect your prize, unless other arrangements are made.
14. If you cannot make it to the mentoring and coaching sessions on a specific date, you must let us know within 1 working day of us contacting you. You will then forfeit the prize.
15. Virgin Mobile may remove or delete your entry from the leaderboard, we will determine in our sole discretion if the content is untrue or harmful.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS;
16. Virgin Mobile may (but is not obliged to) select another winner if we cannot get hold of you on Facebook, if you do not claim your prize within the time period specified above or if you become disqualified from winning.
17. The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
18. Name/Image of Winners: Unless you decline the opportunity, Virgin Mobile and its advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees or other representatives broadcast, publish and otherwise use the winners’ name, photograph, image, statements regarding the Competition or any prize, place of residence and (or) voice for publicity purposes, without any form of remuneration.
19. Virgin Mobile is not responsible and will not be liable to compensate you if any mistake is made by any of our employees or agents in running the competition or awarding the prizes. We are also not responsible for circumstances beyond our control or for errors or disruptions in any communication systems that prevent you from being duly entered for the competition or notified of winning.
20. Virgin Mobile is not liable in the unlikely event that anything unpleasant happens to you, including, but not limited to physical harm or death, however so arising from or as a result of your entry into this competition or your redemption of the prize and you hereby expressly indemnify Virgin Mobile in this regard and hold us harmless from all and any claims, including, but not limited to, any direct or indirect loss or damage, arising from or as a result of the aforementioned reasons.
21. If you are lucky enough to be an employee, director, member, partner, or agent of or consultant to or any other person who, directly or indirectly, controls or is controlled by either Virgin Mobile, or the marketing services providers of this competition, or if you are a spouse, life partner, immediate member or business partner of such a person, you are unfortunately automatically disqualified from this competition. In other words, if you are an employee, director, member, partner, or agent of or consultant to Virgin Mobile, the printers, advertising and promotional agencies, professional advisors and point of sale staff employed by or contracted to, or providing goods or services of any kind, of any of these people, you may not enter the competition!
22. We reserve the right to change, alter and/or withdraw this competition, including the prizes, at any time, for any reason. This includes changing the date or the venue for the relevant concert. Any such amendments will be published on our website (www.virginmobile.co.za) or in another appropriate medium. Any such publication will form part of these terms and conditions and you agree to be bound by them.