Whether you’re a pro Internet surfer or just looking to get your feet wet, our new data deals will be accommodating enough to suit your needs.
Data bundle of joy – Data SIM Only deals available on a month-to-month basis
Data TopUp 49 – Pay R49 and get 500MB
Data TopUp 149 – Pay R149 and get 3GB
Data Classic 150 – Pay R150 and get 3GB
Flexi Data Stick on 24 month contract
What happens if you run out of data?
- If you’re on a Data TopUp plan, you can recharge your account.
- If you’re on a Data Classic plan, you can talk up to your talk limit once you have used up your included bundle.
- Out-of-bundle rates will apply on both Classic & TopUp plans and is dependent on your subscription rate plan.
How to recharge?
- Topping up is as easy as falling out of a tree. (And a lot more fun)
- Mosey on down to one of our Virgin Mobile stores.
- Top up using Mobile Banking or Online Banking or via any ATM.
- Retail: Altech Autopage Cellular, Clicks, CNA, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, Edgars, Jet, Jetmart, Legit, Mr Price, Pep Stores, Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Spar, Woolworths or Ster Kinekor.
- Banks: Absa, FNB, Nedbank or Standard Bank.
- Petrol stations: BP, Caltex, Engen Quickshops, Total, Sasol or Shell.
Services that use 3G but are not supported:
- Video Calling
- Video mail
Virgin Mobile’s underlying 3G HSPA+ network continues to expand and now covers all the larger South African cities and towns as well as many other smaller communities across the country.The download speed that you experience will be dependent on:
- Network Congestion
- Device Class
Q&A on Data
Q&A on our Edge, GPRS & 3G HSPA+ broadband service