How to buy airtime?
Remember, to stay in touch, you simply need to recharge with airtime, it’s as easy as falling out of a tree (And a lot more fun).
- Mosey on down to one of our Virgin Mobile stores.
- Top up using Mobile Banking or Online Banking or via any ATM.
- Retail: Clicks, CNA, Edgars, Jet, Jetmart, Pep Stores, Ackermans, Pick ‘n Pay, Shoprite Checkers, Spar, Woolworths and other outlets.
- Banks: Absa, FNB, Nedbank or Standard Bank.
- Petrol stations: BP, Caltex, Engen Quickshops, Total, Sasol or Shell.
- Local: All good stores in your area.
Dial *102* PIN # or download the My Virgin Mobile App to load the voucher.
Dial *101# to check your airtime balance.
AIRTIME VOUCHER DENOMINATIONS
Virgin Mobile airtime is available in R10, R20, R30, R50, R100, R250 and R500 denominations.
- Via USSD by dialling *106# and following the prompts to enter the Virgin Mobile number you wish to transfer Airtime to;
- Log onto our Website: www.virginmobile.co.za; and/or
- Call 123 from your Virgin Mobile Phone and follow the prompts.
- You can transfer as little as R5 worth of Airtime (this is the minimum amount you can transfer) up to R100, in increments of R 1, per transfer.
- If you are a Prepaid or a Topup customer, you must have sufficient Airtime loaded on your account (over and above any inclusive airtime received) to cover the Airtime you are requesting to transfer. The amount of Airtime that you transfer will then be deducted from your Airtime balance. To check your Airtime balance before transferring, simply dial *101#.
- If you are Contract customer, the Airtime you are requesting to transfer must be within your subscription cap; and
- You cannot transfer any bundles, promotional, bonus or free Airtime, including any Monthly Included Value as part of your rate plan if a Contract or Top Up customer.
- If your Airtime transfer is successful, you will receive an SMS from us, stating the amount of Airtime you transferred and the Virgin Mobile phone number you transferred the Airtime to.
- Your Virgin Mobile friend, who you transferred Airtime to, will also receive an SMS stating the amount of Airtime that you transferred and your Phone Number. Airtime transferred to a Virgin Mobile Customer will credit the receiving Customer’s Airtime account.
- You can confirm your Airtime balance at any time by dialling *101#.
- You can request Airtime to be transferred to you from another Virgin Mobile Customer via USSD by dialling *102*3# and entering the phone number of the Virgin Mobile Customer who will be transferring Airtime to you. This is called a ‘Recharge Me’.
- There is a limit of 1 “Recharge Me” request per day.
- Your Virgin Mobile account must be up to date and active in order to Transfer Airtime
- By transferring Airtime or receiving Airtime, or attempting to do either, you agree to be bound by these Airtime transfer terms and conditions together with our standard customer terms and conditions.
- We can amend, vary or revoke these Airtime terms and conditions at any time, including varying, amending or removing the Airtime transfer benefits. If we do this, we will let you know by placing the amended version on our Website or by sending you an electronic message (including an SMS).
- To use the Airtime transfer function, you must have a minimum Airtime balance of R5 and you may only transfer up to R100 per transfer. In addition, you must meet the following requirements: Your Virgin Mobile account must be up to date and active; If you are Contract Customer, the Airtime you are requesting to transfer must be within your Subscription Cap; and if you are a Prepaid or a TopUp customer, you must have sufficient Airtime loaded on your account (over and above any inclusive airtime received) to cover the Airtime you are requesting to transfer.
- If you meet the above requirements, there is no limit to the amount of times you may transfer Airtime.
- Contract customers will be invoiced for any transferred Airtime, on your monthly Bill.
- We will not reverse or refund any Airtime transfers. Customers are responsible for entering and checking both the amount they enter for transfer and that the mobile number is correctly entered that they wish to transfer to.