It was a beautiful day on 24 June 2006 when Virgin Mobile South Africa was launched. As South Africa's first and only Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) we have ensured that innovation is hardwired into our business. Based in Johannesburg, the bustling business-hub of South Africa, Virgin Mobile South Africa has established itself as a dynamic and growing brand, which takes the core values of the global Virgin Group to heart. These are Smart disruption, Straight up, Insatiable Curiosity, Heartfelt service, Delightfully surprising, Red hot
For us, it’s all about our customers. We could not exist without them and everything we do is centred on them. We started this business by asking our customers what really matters to them and then built a range of original, value-for-money packages, which suit any lifestyle. We make sure that in everything we do, we always give the best to our customers – delivering what they want and continuously looking for new ways to surprise and delight them, keeping our service the best in the market.
We like to shake things up and challenge the market. We believe in making a real difference to you – the customer. That’s why we have done everything we can to provide South Africa’s best, simplest and most innovative mobile solution.
More value, more honesty, more service, more fun.
It’s the Virgin way.
About The Virgin Group
The Virgin Group is a leading international branded investment company and one of the world’s most well recognised and respected brands. Sir Richard Branson, the internationally respected entrepreneur and philanthropist, conceived Virgin in 1970 and has been leading the company from the front ever since.
The Virgin Group has grown successful businesses in sectors ranging from mobile telephony and media to transportation, travel, financial services, hotels, health and fitness as well as renewable technologies and space tourism – all built on Virgin’s core values of value, honesty, service and fun.
Currently, Virgin employs in the region of 50 000 people in 35 countries across the glove, with global branded revenues in 2011 exceeding £13 billion.
Virgin Mobile branded businesses can already be found in eight countries including Australia, Chile, Canada, France, India, South Africa, the UK and the USA – serving approximately 15 million mobile customers.
To get an idea of just some of the companies within the Virgin Group that we’re excited about, take a look at the following list:
- Virgin Active – A range of gyms and health clubs operating in 6 countries that makes fun and excitement an integral part of getting in shape and keeping fit.
- Virgin Balloon Flights – There’s something amazing about seeing the world from a balloon. It’s whimsical and fun. And we love the fact we can share it with you.
- Virgin Money – We know how confusing financial services can be. And how expensive. Virgin Money is our way of doing it better, doing it cheaper and doing it smarter.
- V Festival – We like music. And we like festivals. So we made one of our own, which attracts the top international acts every year.
- Virgin Galactic – Space is the final frontier, the last place humankind still has to explore. We want to explore space, and we want you to come with us.
- Virgin Green Fund – We know fossil fuels are running out and we know they’re bad for the planet. The Virgin Green Fund allows us to invest in renewable energy and resource efficiency and make the world a better place in the process.